TokuDB is an open source , high performance storage engine for MySql and MariaDB that improves scalability and efficiency. TokuDB is for Big Data data application with demanding requirements that not met by your current storage engine and reduce the development costs associated with scaling and optimization efforts.
- 20x faster without tuning.
- Get faster performance without changing your application.
- Schema changes without down times.
- Up to 20x or more improvements in insertion and indexing.
- Faster ad hoc query without tuning your application.
- Better than InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Write optimized compression.
- Up to 90% reduction in storage requirement.
Hot Schema Changes
- Hot indexing enables ad hoc queries to run faster , optimized index support.
- No Need to rebuild indexes.
- High insertion rate.
- Replication server is able to keep up with master server query load.
- Still no production version available.
- Does not support foreign key constraint so if you want to upgrade your storage engine to TokuDB than you have to remove foreign key from your table.
InnoDB vs TokuDB
|Index Type||B-tree||Fractal Tree® index|
|Insertion Rate at Scale||100s / second||10,000s / second|
|Compression||~2x||5x – 10x typical, up to 25x possible|
|Hot Indexing||No (hrs+)||Yes (secs to mins)|
|Hot Column Addition/Deletion/ Expansion/Rename||No (hrs+)||Yes (secs to mins)|
|Fragmentation Immunity||No||Yes (no dump/reload downtime – no index fragmentation)|
|Clustering Indexes||Primary Key Only||Multiple|
|Fast Recovery Time||No||Yes|
|Eliminates Slave Lag||No||Yes|